Thursday, April 7, 2011

Upside of DST

Close Up

Let me get this right out there. I hate daylight savings time. I hate the sudden rejiggering of my days. I loathe waking up and having it being dark out just two weeks after being blessed with the morning sun. However, it rocks having 3 wonderful daylight hours after work. So, that’s that then.

The Other Side

There used to be a highway here. Now there’s a boulevard. As someone who has used both which much frequency, I was stunned to find out that the highway was not much better. In fact, how it broke up the near Northwest side was pretty bad.

Why so Many

Badger Meter must have been pretty stoked when they got this order.

More Church

This church is atop a high hill. When I walk to and fro from work the white stone often appears luminescent. It is a rather impressive effect. A church atop a hill glowing in the morning sun. Honestly, it took me two years to actually go photograph it. Weird.

From Pabst to Schlitz

I would like to go back and shoot this like a tilt shift picture. The building looks more like a model of a building than something we’d actually bother to build full scale. Best I know, it’s a brewery converted to a school. Go figure.

Exhaust

Pipes with hats. We wouldn’t want there hair to get wet.

Level Eight

I enjoy the layering. This part of town almost has the best views of the city. Almost, because the Bradley Center really dominates the skyline. You really get a good concept of just how large it is when you step away from it. It also really pops because of the empty former right away for the highway that used to scar the skyline.

Pabst

I applaud you, crazy Pabst developer guy. Here’s to your success, however unlikely.

Aged Well

Glazed, hand laid brick grain towers. Seems insane to me. Thinking about how much work went into these. How much sweat and stress. I should have touched it. Brushed my hand against the brick and connected with those before me. Understand the textures of their lives.

No Brewing Here

Downside of cool rusty sign, can’t clean the birdshit off.

Church

This is actually a different church from the one above. I took this from the parking lot attached to the county jail. I was out there for about ten minutes, enjoying my freedom and camera sort of oblivious about what was really around me. Then I got this weird feeling. Like I was being watched. Suddenly, it dawned on me, I was taking pictures from the county jail parking lot. I looked up and to my right and could see the tiny little windows. Thought about all the people trapped inside, and got the fuck out of there. I never saw anyone staring at me, but still got the willys.

jon

No comments: