Sunday, April 3, 2011

Can’t Fight ‘em Join ‘em

P2216431-1

City Hall that is. Though, I’m not sure why you would want to fight a city hall as beautiful as this one. A grand interior, seven open stories with a skylight. The top floor seems to have no offices, but makes a great walking track for the employees. There was not law making in session, so I did not get to visit the common council space. Other than that, it was a delightful visit. Now if the damn thing would stop falling apart, it would be without a critic.

 Dragon

I also like the dragon handrails. It took me until I walked up seven flights of stairs to notice them, but it was well worth it.

The Dragons of City Hall

They also seem to be eating pineapples. Which seems strange. I wonder what the artist was trying to say here.

jon

No comments: