Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ich Will am Strand

P2125824-1

Perhaps the greatest German pop song I know. In high school German class we would watch Deutsche Welle. Not really sure if there was an associated lesson, or the teacher was board, but that’s what we did. Anyway, one day we watched this hilarious German music video, which some seniors took upon themselves to mock by creating a video of their own. Which, took place at Bradford Beach, at this very beach house. Mind you, when I was in High School, low that decade ago, Bradford Beach was not exactly a place one wills to go. Hilarity, and memory has been with me ever since.

A small aside about writing my blog. This is the third attempt at getting this to post correctly. I wanted this to schedule for 3/27 when it would properly sit by the lakefront walk. Unfortunately, I forgot to post it correctly, deleted it. Then forgot to copy my original comments. So, I rewrote it and rescheduled it, only to discover I put up duplicate postings for that day. If you didn't know, I generally write these in chunks of about twenty so I don't have to remember to write every day, and hopefully write them when I am particularly profound. So, this sits in the wrong context, as I was not going to risk screwing up rescheduling 13 days of blogging. As I mentioned above, even attempting to reschedule one leads to deleting. Imagine. I have also revised how I upload pictures. I used to use Picasa by Google to store the pictures, and the Windows Livewriter program to resize and upload the pictures. That method was easier, since I dragged and dropped pictures into livewriter, however it was not the way to go. The program was slow in compressing, slow in uploading, and frankly Windows does a shitty job resizing jpegs. So, I've switched to pulling the html code from Flickr. The pictures were a different size, prompting the website 'redesign' (I just clicked a different format), and a tedious process of copying and pasting the html. All in all, I think the new way is the way to go. I still use livewriter, as editing in Blogger remains crap. So, now you know how the sausage is made. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the magic.

Also, I don't generally edit my blogs for spelling or grammer. Or, most importantly to see if they make sense. Which probably explains alot. (get it alot, not a lot. Tee-hee-hee)

jon

No comments: