Friday, April 22, 2011

No Way, Tiny Trains!

CP Lonesome

The first lesson I learned from this experience, shooting big trains and making them look small, cool. Shooting small trains and making them look tiny, not as cool.

BN Taking the Lead

Don’t get me wrong, I truly enjoy the narrow depth of field from these pictures. But a world of model trains is a world all of its own. And if you make it look tiny in pictures, you lose some of its effect.

BN Engineer

Your, well at least my, mind’s eye looks at the trains, tracks, men, and equipment and imagine they are real sized. That there are real lives, manufacturing, and movement on the table. That there really is a whole world contained in that small space.

BN

The illusion created by our imagination is tremendous. And when I looked at these pictures on the big screen, they sadly remind me they are just miniatures.

CP

So next time, I will go with a deep depth of field. Make the trains look huge! Expand the world in my mind with pictures.

Bumblebee

Not that I hate these. Just that they aren’t perfect.

Oil Rig

 

Stoplight

 

Happy Trails!

jon

No comments: