Thursday, April 28, 2011

Estabrook

The State of Affairs

Most of my childhood memories of Estabrook Park are with Kevin Wright. Kevin and I used to go down to the park with my brother when he would fish. Our dumb asses would mess around the damns and trails without a worry. Every once in a while even falling in and swimming out. We knew how disgusting it was, but that’s what dumbass kids do.

Path Goes Where

I don’t have many memories before that age, about 12 or 13, because I don’t think my parents really liked us hanging out in there. They were much more comfortable with us hanging out in Kletsch park a little further up, but more solidly in the nicer part of town.

Curve of Doom

But, somehow when we were that age, how much fun we could have in our backyards was amazing. How when we are 8 or 9 we can create such amazing experiences in 600 square feet is amazing. Sometimes I like to point out that the spinnaker on Promo has more square footage than my parent’s backyard. Unreal.

Fungi

As we grow older, and are world grows greater, let us try to remember to find the small world’s within.

jon

No comments: