Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Staircases

_C276415

Seriously.  Staircases.  More like this one really cool staircase, so I hope your ready.

 _C276424

Maybe two.  I guess it was two, with a bridge in between.  I really wish I could hold a camera straight.  The newest Olympus camera comes with an internal level.  Probably a good investment.

 _C276422

Ok, ok, last staircase shot.  I have about 7 more of these two staircases if you ever want to see.

 _C276428_crop

A break before the sculpture.  The bride was wearing pink.  That's all I got to say about that. 

_C276430

Maybe some graffiti too.  I haven't seen the Milwaukee guys doing this lately, must still be cold enough to keep them away.

_C276429

No less weird in person.  Pretty sure there is a regular bronze man somewhere in there.  Poor guy, all sectioned apart like that.  Must be uncomfortable.

_C276436

Not exactly my favorite, but I really like the warmth of the red flowers in such a cold bronze and concrete area.

_C276442

And there it is, the reason we came to the financial district in the first place.  A giant bronze ball.

 _C276451

Pretty impressive for a Hyatt, eh?  We spotted a tiny little picture in the guide book and needed to take a look for ourselves.

_C276438

Coming up the escalator, it was apparent this thing is quite the sight.

_C276456

Almost a staircase.  More like a ramp.  As we watched kids tear up and down chasing each other I took out a coin for a wish.  Kat tossed the coin in the pool, only after it hit a the handrail below and almost didn't make it.  That's right, she almost missed dropping a coin straight down.

 _C276471_Crop

Last staircase, and last picture for today.  Tomorrow, the short commute back to bed.  It'll be short, I promise.  Enjoy, jon

No comments: