Tuesday, February 3, 2009

All About

_C276221

 

If you couldn't tell by now, I take an awful lot of pictures.  For the all about part, I'm going to focus on the plants all around the island.

_C276224

They were wicked cool.  Mostly because I don't think I had ever seen any before, let alone in the wild.

_C276219

I'm not a hundred percent sure wild is correct.  Some seemed a bit cultivated by the forest service and some didn't.  Which either means the forest service did a great job on the ones that looked wild, or they really ruined the landscape by messing with it.

 _C276251

It would be nice to tell you exactly what types of plants I shot, but I'm no horticulturist. So we'll just imagine these are all super rare one of the kind finds.

_C276265

Of course we all know this flora... The source of tequila, the agave plant.   What a great succulent!

_C276259

Some pretty fauna to go with our flora?  I should say!

 _C276266

Peculiar flower.  That's all I gotsta say about this dude.

 _C276264

Agave is some pretty thick stuff.  Could you imagine harvesting this stuff in Mexico?  This whole section of the island is appropriately named the "Agave Trail".  We were pretty lucky, most of the year it is closed for roosting migratory birds.  Enjoy, jon

No comments: