Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fancy Houses and a Little Lost

_C286513 

Houses look pretty expensive around these parts.  Awesome landscaping, and luxury cars.  How do you know this guy is the fanciest on the block?  He has a lemon tree.  The apex of hoity.

 _C286514

You can't tell from the wide shot, but the entrance has some really creepy granite faces.  Two are screaming, and they all have crazy hats.  Nothing creepier than crazy hats.

_C286517

Tell me if this bothers you.  The tree on the right is growing at an angle.  I understand that it is a hill, and not being a horticulturist I cannot be sure, but I'm pretty sure trees grow perpendicular to gravity, not perpendicular to surface. 

_C286521

A nice row of Victorian houses.  Everyone seemed to work very hard at keep up.  Almost all of the houses were freshly painted, and very few people stripped the adornments off instead of keeping them up.

_C286522

I'm totally getting a lion someday.  Putting it right out front.  Hopefully a more intimidating one.  Likely Oriental style.

 _C286525

So far we have been walking from Alta Park to the bus stop.  A short bus ride later, and I was starting to feel a little unsure.  Especially because where the bus dropped us off.

_C286527

In front of a giant staircase.  More hill!  About this time I was referencing three maps, hoping my navigation was correct.  Yet, outwardly I was completely confident, less Kat know I didn't know.

 _C286529

Looking back at the city before wandering into the park.  Will Jon find his way?  Can he get the couple to the Legion of Honor?  Will he get lost because the park has a golf course in his path?  Tune in tomorrow to find out.......   Enjoy, jon

No comments: