Sunday, February 8, 2009

China Town

_C276346

I was very lucky to get a shot without glare.  China town was super busy, and every time I stopped the thought of a stampede crushing my body and dirty looks wouldn't fade.

_C276348

See, look how pissed this lady is.  It's understandable, they are trying to shop and go about their lives and some laowai stops every thirty seconds and uses you as props.  Far different than my experience in Chicago and Milwaukee where random people like to yell "Picture Man!" and request that they be part of my vacation memories.

 _C276349_Edit

Mmmm, octopus.  So reminds me of the movie Independence Day.  I actually really like octopus, in many of its 'weird' Asian forms.  But the cured/barbecued small bird is just creepy.

 _C276350_edit

Ok, I edited the glare as best I could, and just couldn't help sharing the various dead animals for you.  Dead animals for eating.  Slimy, icky, wonderful food.

 _C276352

Every box truck I saw was littered in graffiti.  Every - one.

 _C276354

I'll finish up round one of China Town with some normal food.  When I stopped for this shot I definitely got rear ended by someone letting me know I was in her way.   Well, that's it for food.  Tomorrow, buildings.  Enjoy, jon

1 comment:

Jakob said...

Ha ha, was it Kat who definitely rear ended you becuase you were getting in the way of her vegetable shopping?