Friday, February 6, 2009

Fisherman's Wharf

_C276293

Gaudy, loud, and crowded, let's just say Fisherman's Wharf isn't my kind of town.  Everyone said go, its fun.  I didn't find the fun, but we weren't looking that hard.  What we were looking for was lunch after walking Alcatraz Island.

_C276297

Some of the gaudy was pretty awesome.  For instance, Treasure Ireland has "Freshly caught Leprechauns".  Treasure Ireland?  I never would have thought of Eire as a haven for pirate treasure, and I still don't besides this valiant effort.

_C276299_Zoltar

Zoltar.  Awesome.  I wish I was big. 

 _C276309

Sea Lion's enjoying a nice partially cloudy Northern California day.  Boy, are they loud.  Barking away, chasing each other off the platforms.  We didn't see any hilarious sea lion humping, but that's probably for the better.

 _C276316

Yellow crocodile shoes, seriously?  I mean, do you wake up in the morning and say, "Yeah, I'm that guy."  Honestly, I'm a little jealous.  Do want.

 _C276321

Every one loves a blimp.  They should have more advertising on this thing judging by how many people watch it.  But, I'm not sure what company really screams blimp.  Life insurance?  Tires?  I suppose those smart guys on Madison Avenue will figure it out.

 _C276330_Crop

Living in a little city, I can tell you that one of my favorite things is that everyone looks different.  Small towns and even larger towns in foreign countries have such similar ethnic backgrounds makes life so bland.  In a big city differences between people just blow up.  Just like yellow shoe dude, purple shawl girl is just too perfect.  Matching purple shawl turtleneck, giant sunglasses, and clutching a Starbuck's coffee like its gold, so stereotypically Asian.

_C276337

We finished up with a bread bowl of soup from Boudins.  Supposedly the home of the sourdough bread bowl.  It was pretty tasty, and very filling.  We managed to get a table, which turned out for the best considering the hovering pan handlers that wander the streets around the wharf.  The ten foot fence mostly protected from the mobbing of seagulls about the food everyone was eating, but quite a few were seen harassing tourists.  Basically, if your not ringed by a plexiglass fence, expect to have a troubling meal.  Enjoy, jon

No comments: