Friday, January 16, 2009

A Series

_C265846

An intro shot. A great bridge before a set up shot. Such that an audience knows approximentaly what to expect. Next up a set up shot. A wider angle whole view picture, a way to view before a specific set of parts. That is generally how I try and do my photos. Mostly I forget. Also the case here. But, without further ado,

_C265848

The Bush-Street Cottage row historical distract is about eight houses long and thirty feet wide. A nifty little mini park.

_C265850

Also the first place we walked to on our first full day in San Francisco. Not a purposeful walk mind you, just checking out the immediate area around our hotel.

_C265863

I can think of a couple of mini parks in Milwaukee, but none quite the same. So completely tucked away behind a high hedge it could have easily been someone's private backyard.

_C265855

It was meticuously maintained. The one lady in the park besides us, definitely gave us a look like we didn't belong. She, like everyone else, was walking her dog.

_C265857

Which they clearly had a problem with dog leavings, since they had to step up the rhetoric on the sign. All the other signs I saw used euphemisms further from dog shit than this one.

_C265870

Being earlyish morning, it was pretty shady in the enclave. The advantage of cover was no wind. Though some of my pictures have turned out darker than I would like, admitidly a big problem throughout the trip.

_C265859

My landscape version has the flowers stand out a little more, but Kat a little less. Obviously I like the portrait version.

_C265861

It was a rather brilliant open to a brilliant trip. Considering if we had chosen to walk south instead of north we would have been in a bad part of town, lucky as well.

Enjoy, jon

No comments: