Thursday, January 22, 2009

Japanese Tea Garden

_C265991

Kat tells me these are lantern posts.  I'll have to believe her, I have no idea.

 _C265999

However, I do know that this is the outside of the bathroom.

 _C266003

Lush bamboo, definitely going to remind me of bathrooms after this.  We only had a little bit of time to walk around, this being still the 26th and it getting kind of late and all.  But we managed a good little tour.

 _C266006

The place was apparently run by a mom and pop until recently.   Though Herb may not be the best source.

 _C266010

What I can tell you, is that the tea garden was built for the 1894 World's Fair.

 _C266008

Wikipedia also says they offer free tours, which is totally false.  They most certainly charged us for walking in their precious little park.

 _C266012

We didn't stop to have tea.  Decided it would be rushed and silly.  Don't worry, I made Kat tea almost every night.

_C266022_Yellow

Ginkos were once again everywhere.  There used to be one at the end of my street, but I haven't seen one in Wisconsin for a while.  It was also very odd to see the trees changing colors in the middle of Winter. 

_C266018

The whole garden is very small.  And I got a few pictures, do to the energization of some sweet Escape From NY Pizza.

 _C266029

We were also struck by how amazing the place must look when in full bloom.  Whoo-boy, could you imagine.  Well, you probably can't, being you weren't there and all.

 _C266023

I worked on reflections, unfortunately most didn't work.  I think I need to get better with the manual focus first.  By this time, Kat was pretty ready to make our way back to the hotel anyway.

 _C266013

I kept clicking away until finally, Kat said STOP!

_C266036

And we moved on in our first full day adventure.  Enjoy, jon

No comments: