Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Fountain Style

P9040629

As I mentioned way back in the Paris series, fountains are a bid difficult to photograph. As part of what makes them great is the size, that feeling that they are so much bigger. That they impress through imposing.

P9040621

At the same time, they are full of detail, whimsy, and fine artistic work.

P9040622

So, I decided I would make a "fountain style". Though I'm sure this isn't the first incarnation, it seems to work quite well. Get a picture of the whole piece in context. Thus the people admiring above, then get shots of the details.

P9040624

For instance, this delightfully drunken baby.

P9040627

Which leads me to believe these men are purging at the vomitorium during a great wine party.

P9040617

All hail Bacchus! Even if it isn't really Bacchus, we must always remember to hail him. Her?

jon









No comments: