Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Wonder

Wonder of Butterflies


And then their is the best part, interaction. Watching the little kids running around chasing butterflies was almost magical. Wait, let's just be sappy, it was totally magical. I think my favorite parts were Brooke catching this one, having a huge one land on Matt, Ashley finally warming up, oh and the complete disregard for rules. When you walk in, the nice volunteer old man explained no climbing on the rocks, especially to the kids. He even leaned down and talked at their level (Brooke goes "I know" *sigh*). Then wouldn't you know it, this pregnant lady climbs up, over the rocks, into the exhibit, on some plants, and grabs a butterfly. So many problems. I mean, we weren't supposed to grab, and how can you set an example for the kids with such people around. Brooke and Ashley played by the rules the whole time. They were awesome. 

Also, a butterfly landed on my shoe. Like 5 times. It was really weird.

jon

No comments: