Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting Ready to Jump

Gettin' ready to jump

I took a day off of work to go to the zoo with the nieces. It was the best idea ever.

Bear

My niece Brooke really enjoyed taking pictures as well. She probably took more pictures than myself in the end. I did a little slide show before my brother picked up to leave, and she kept saying "I took that". At first, we thought she meant she took one like that. Eventually her braggadocio got so bad we had to correct her, which made her super embarrassed. Maybe we should have let her think they were her photos.

Elephant

Many of the animals were just laying about, as it was quite warm. I get the general impression they are not terribly happy there. But, then I remember I'm not a big hippy, and just think its cool to have such a great resource to teach kids about animals. And a place to learn about them beyond TV.

That's a wierd bush

Overall, the zoo is an awesome place for kids. You would not loose out by taking them.

King of the Hill

Eventually the kids wear out, and then its time to go home. If I were to give a piece of advice, don't worry about seeing everything. Really enjoy the moments where the kids are staring into the exhibit. That, "it's time to go" business has no place in the park.

jon

No comments: