Monday, July 27, 2009

Pogonip

_1047958

On a sweet insider local tip we were sent to Pogonip park.  She had the biggest twinkle in her eye at the very mention of the park.  One would figure she lost her virginity there or something.

 _1047961

Turns out it wasn't really that cool.  We could see the ocean from the top of the hill, but it wasn't anything I would call spectacular.  If I had to compare it to anything, I'd go with Kettle Moraine here in Wisco.

_1047966

Kat, however, was as pretty as ever.  Made the whole trip worthwhile.

 _1047970

We could over look Monterey Bay, which was cool.  But, the flora was less than awesome.  That girl totally suckered us. 

 _1047984

We were searching for a ranger station and from far away we could see a building up on a hill.  I found a set of keys on the trail, and figured it was the nice thing to do, turn them in.   Instead of finding a ranger station we found the crumbling remnants of the club house for the golf course the park once was.  Apparently a movie was shot there a couple of years ago.  Not anything I'd ever heard of, but cool none the less. Oh, and I found the lady who lost here keys.

Enjoy, jon

No comments: