Friday, June 8, 2012

Ridin' Dirty - WORS Rhinelander Wisconsin

IMG_4129-c


Well, I successfully competed in my first mountain bike rice up in Hodag country.

IMG_4160-c


The course was alternating sandy hard pack and just plain sandy.  Any water you had was just to rinse the grit out of your teeth.

IMG_4175


I did pretty well for my first time, though I could have done exceedingly well if I wasn't such a wuss-bag.

IMG_4179


The photography portion did not go as well.  The mountain bike courses are sprawling compared to the crit races on road bikes, or cross races.  You need to do a lot more research to get the shots you want.

Untitled


I only have a "normal zoom", which means not to much reach for action shots. ( A meager 70mm ) But, it is still fun to stick your nose right on the trail.

Ride On


And it is a good reminder, with a 22 megapixel full frame monster, you can crop just about until you drop.
jon





No comments: