Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cut to Interior

_8260379

No shots from the catacombs.  I would like to claim it is because I am all reverent to the great and powerful French, but it really has to do with my camera not being that great in low light.

 _8260383

It also couldn’t pick the white balance.  Tan or gray, take your pick.  Might have been gray.  I can’t remember now.  I wonder if this is how color blind people feel.  Just a vague idea of what the right color is, but well aware of the tone and feel of a space.

 _8260393

Built in the mid to late 1700’s it is a fair bit older than the Rome Pantheon built in 126.

_8260394

Sort of a trendsetter, the term Pantheon was specific to the Romans until the Parisians turned it into a word for any grand mausoleum of the sort.

 

_8260401

It is also a good place to bring your flat earth anti-science friends.  For it has a grand experiment.  The Foucault Pendulum.  Now, I’m no scientist, well I guess economics is a social science.  Anyway, I’m no physical scientist, so I will leave it up to the good people of wikipedia to explain further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

 

_8260405

As seemingly everything else in Paris, the detail work was a sight to behold.

 _8260406

We would have liked to have gone up to the “panorama” and look over the city, but that would have required an hour tour in French. 

 

_8260426

Maybe it was grey.

enjoy,

jon

No comments: