Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm gonna win me a trip to D.C.

Blogging for onMilwaukee! Please, Airtran, please!
Its a great contest, and a chance to visit my aunt, uncle, cousins, danny, shireen and see the sights!

http://onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/blog/show/3098

Well, I am a Milwaukee native. My parents are Milwaukee natives, my grandparents are Milwaukee natives, my girlfriend is a Milwaukee native, and my best friend is a Milwaukee native. But, just as some of us stay, some of us go. I suppose I'll start with my Uncle. My uncle, David, and I share the same birthday. He celebrates in D.C., I try not to celebrate at all. Which works out great, except that we have never spent our shared birthday together. Well, maybe when I was one or two, but I don't really think that counts. It would be nice to have dualing birthday's in DC, as apposed to dualing birthdays between Milwaukee and DC. A dual which I have lost before. Well, only once. You see, my parents flew to DC to celebrate with him! Imagine my surprise. I guess he turned a milestone, and I just ticked off another 12 months, but you get my drift. Imagine how delightful it would be for my uncle, me, and my mom (who's birthday is only 10 days later) to be together, possibly for the first time. Superb!

- jon

No comments: